- Urad Dal250 Grams
- Daalcheeni1/2 Tablespoons
- Heeng1/2 Tablespoons
- Red Chillies2
- Black Pepper1/2 Tablespoons
- Badi (Big) Illaichi2-3
- Tez Patta( Bay leaves)1-2
- Jeera Powder1/2 Tablespoons
- Oil for fryingpreferrably Rai Tel
- Baking soda1/2 Tablespoons
- Curd500 Milliliters
- Roasted Jeera1/2 Tablespoonsfor Garnishing
- Black salt1/2 Tablespoonsaccording to taste
- Sugar150 Grams
1)Soak the Urad dal in water for around 7-8 hrs. One can keep it overnight
2)In the Morning, take the urad dal out of water and Grind it well in the Mixer Grinder with 2 Red chillies, ginger, dalcheeni, tez patta, black pepper, baking soda, salt and Illaichi
3) Now take 1/2 cup Curd,2 cups water in a vessel or bowl and add 150 gm Sugar, 1tbsp Jeera and salt> Now mix it well. Keep it on the Gas till the time the sugar dissolves.
4)Now Take the Urad Dal Mixture and mold it in the form of vada as in the pic.
5) Now take a pan and deep fry the molded mixture till it becomes Golden Brown.
6) Pour some water in the curd mixture to reduce its thickness i.e., making it like chaas
7)Now ,dip the vada in the curd mixture and heat it in low flame for 5 min
8) Now switch off the gas, and keep the Dahi vade to cool for 30 min.
9)For Garnishing, Take the Dahi Vada in a plate as in the pic, pour curd over it covering the vade and sprinkle red chilly powder, black salt, Jeera Powder.
10)Dahi Vada is ready to serve.