- Lotus Stem[Kamal Kakdi]300 Grams
- Oil3 Tablespoons
- Chopped Onion1 Cups
- Chopped Ginger+Garlic1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder1 Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder2 Tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Garam Masala Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Fresh Coriander For Garnish
1) Wash and peel the lotus stems.
2) Cut them into thin slices.
3) Put the lotus stem slices in a pressure cooker and add 1 cup water.
4) Cook till they are soft.
5) Heat oil in a pan . Add onions and fry it.
6) Add ginger garlic paste and fry , add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt, cumin powder and fry the masala till oil leaves on the side of the pan.
7) Add cooked lotus stems with the water and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8) Remove the lid and put the gas on high.
9) Cook till all the water has evaporated and the sabzi is nice and dry.
10) Add coriander and serve hot with Phulka and Dal.
Enjoy smile emoticon