- Potatoes300 Grams
- Soaked Cashews4 Tablespoons
- Chopped Ginger and Garlic1 Teaspoons
- Chopped Onions1 Cups
- Shah jeera1 Teaspoons
- Bay Leaf1
- Garam Masala1/4 Teaspoons
- Chopped Coriander2 Tablespoons
- Yogurt1/4 Cups
- Milk1/4 Cups
- Oil For Frying
- Salt To Taste
1) Wash potatoes and peel. Cut potatoes into 1″/2.5 cm. pieces.
2) Fry the potatoes to deep golden brown and keep aside.
3) Grind cashews, ginger and garlic to a paste in a grinder, and keep aside.
4) Heat 4 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add black cumin and bay leaf. Wait for 30 seconds till cumin stops spluttering.
5) Add onions and cook on low heat till onions turn soft but do not let them turn brown. Add turmeric and garam masala. Stir to mix well.
6) Add cashew paste. Cook for 1 minute . Add yogurt and stir fry till water evaporates. Cook till dry.
7) Add milk and about 1/2 cup water to get a gravy. Boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
8) Add the fried potatoes and chopped coriander, salt and turmeric to the gravy and simmer on low heat.
9) Cook on low heat till the gravy gets thick and coat the potatoes.
Serve hot with Rotis / Parathas / Naan.