- oil3 Tablespoons
- cumin seeds1 Teaspoons
- carrot1 Cups
- frozen green peas1 Cups
- long sliced green peppers2 Teaspoons
- grated ginger1 Teaspoons
- salt1 Teaspoons
- garam masala1/2 Teaspoons
- lemon juice1 Tablespoons
Preparing the rice:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add cumin seeds after cumin seeds crack add bay leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Next add the rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil and turn the heat to low. Cover the pan.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat and fluff the rice with a fork.
Preparing the vegetables:
- Use a frying pan to cook the vegetables. Add the vegetables in steps, the vegetables that need the most time to cook are added first and the vegetables that need the least time will be added last.
- Heat the oil in frying pan.
- Add cumin seeds after cumin seeds crack, add potatoes, stir-fry them for about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and carrots. Let them cook for about another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add green peas, bell pepper, ginger and green chilies. Let the vegetables cook for a few minutes till vegetables are tender. Turn off the heat.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice.
- Next gently fold the rice into the vegetables. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish the rice dish with cilantro.